A dive with several O. bimaculoides (video)

textilet

Hatchling
Registered
It took some time to make a good I.D. but upon close examination of the footage, these Octos are Octopus bimaculoides. My brother and I discovered a group of at least 11 adults living together in an artificial reef structure. There are piles of discarded crab and mussel shells scattered around their home. Having only seen juvenile octos in this area we were surprised to suddenly find so many adults had taken up residence. They were out and about in daylight, and only showed an inclination to hide when approached very closely.

Octopus bimaculoides

Humm, what browser are you using? I fixed the embed code to work with our forum software (regular embed code does not work) and can see the video with IE and Chrome but Firefox tells me I need an addition add-in (I may not have flash installed). I added a non-video URL link. See if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back