8th International Symposium Cephalopods Present and Past

Kevin, I'd love to read your articles as well. Roland Anderson recommended this conference as a lot of "usual suspects" will be presenting. Shame that university starts just before this though.

A few other cephalopod presentations:
There will be a few octopus and cuttlefish posters at Animal Behavior Society annual meeting next week in Williamsburg, Virginia in case anyone lives near and would be interested to attend.

Also, there will be an ceph symposium next month at Salamanca, Spain during the International Society for Neuroethology meeting.

A mini con at the con today, TONMO member Rachael and I outside the auditorium entrance.

Attachments

• conv_296880.jpg
    conv_296880.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 99
:bugout:WOW! Umm...ammonite heaven? Did they let you keep any of the specimens found on the field trips?

No pics. from the French wine tasting/western barroom brawl?:heee:

They have been collecting ammonites in that area for almost 1000 yrs, so it is ammonite heaven, some great specimens over the years. We got to keep everything we found, but rocks and wine bottles don't mix well in a small suitcase. :heee:

Here ya go Terri, it looked fine when I took it. :bonk:

Attachments

• conv_296902.jpg
    conv_296902.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 144
The second picture from the first field trip are Belemnite guards, the rock was packed with them and when it split, all the guards split too, so they are cross sections either length wise or transverse. All fossils shown are Early Jurassic planispiral ammonites except the belemnites. :smile:

I will look through the guides and try to ID them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back