8th International Symposium Cephalopods Present and Past

Only two weeks till abstract submission deadline

Second circular can be downloaded from HERE

Topical Sessions
Exceptional preservation, Taphonomic studies and biases in the study of fossil cephalopods
Characters, Genes, Species and Phylogeny
Ecology of cephalopods, Trophic relationships
Biodiversity of Cephalopods: from micro- to macroevolutionary scale
Ontogeny, Life Trait History, Behavior and Habitat
Contribution of new technologies to the understanding of fossil and modern cephalopods
First cephalopods and their diversification

Special topical session
Nautilus as an endangered species
Chairs: Neil H. Landman & Royal Mapes
Nautilus and Allonautilus are the last surviving externally shelled cephalopods. These taxa are being considered
for listing by CITES as being endangered. As experts on cephalopods, we have been asked to provide
information to help evaluate the status of these two genera. Therefore, a topical session is proposed on this
subject. Data that bear on this question include nautiloid phylogeny, predators, rate of growth, longevity, mode
of reproduction, role in the marine ecosystem, size of populations, and geographic distribution. After individual
presentations, it is hoped that a discussion will follow leading to a summary statement regarding the status of
Nautilus and Allonautilus.

Be sure to report back. A little journal would be wonderful :wink:. It seems that the French have done a lot more octopus research than any other country (at least in the past).

I always wanted to visit France but failed even to do a day in Paris during the one opportunity that was available.

Awesome! Do you think I could get a copy of your paper?

I wish I could be there -- unfortunately I don't think I've got a good excuse to travel to France for a conference on the wrong phylum, as I'm presently working on a project having to do with Paleozoic crinoids...

hallucigenia;159530 said:
Awesome! Do you think I could get a copy of your paper?

I wish I could be there -- unfortunately I don't think I've got a good excuse to travel to France for a conference on the wrong phylum, as I'm presently working on a project having to do with Paleozoic crinoids...

PM me your Email and I will send a few. :smile:

Crinoids are cool, find some cephalopod eggs attached to some and you'd have a ticket to France. :sly:

I suspect she found it on the first sentence of pg 116 actually:

"A detailed description of the fishing effects are recommended to asses with the sustainable yield to maintain the exploited population stable and prevent over fishing." :heee:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back