• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

55 gallon available for adoption

I am looking for someone in the Pittsburgh area who would like my 55 gallon tank. It has an overflow to a sump. The pump burned out awhile ago and I have been using powerheads to keep the water flowing. It needs some work but it comes with about 60 pounds of live rock. I would be willing to help you tear it down, but you would need two people to move it (I have 34 steps to my basement from my driveway...). No copper has ever been used in this tank (it housed my Sepia bandensis).

I don't have time for the maintenance on this tank right now and eventually want to upgrade to a larger tank, so I thought I would make some room in my basement...

There must be something in the air. Neal came home from getting Cyclop-eeze and started talking about this really great deal on a 6' stand at our not so local fish store. In addition to not having spare change right now (it WAS a really, really, really good deal), I asked him which tank we would give up (I can barely keep the 8 I maintain) and where would be put it? The bad part is, I would love to have a tank to accomodate a cyanea and the stand would likely work for that ...

Ok, I am reviving this thread - since hopefully we won't have any more snowstorms... This tank is available (for free) for someone willing to take it. It should probably go to someone who has some experience setting up a tank (since the pump has to be removed and replaced).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back