4 Months for Ink!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night, I had put this large killie fish in with Ink. He spent the next hour trying to catch it. Devising all sorts of attack stradigies!! Anyway, he was resting first on my bubble filter, then made his way to the top of the tank and was sitting, eating either a crab or snail he caught. I opened the top of the tank, snapped his picture and starting blowing air at him. He was squirting me with water, arms flailing out of the top of the tank and he kept wanting me to mess with him more! Ollie came to mind!!! Thought to myself, maybe I should back off cause what if I piss him off enough he decides to come after me!!!!! :mrgreen:

Carol

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Those are awesome pics 8) . Ink is really look very nice :D :D :D :D :D I hope Ink doesnt get out and come after you LOL

scarmig

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
dbbga said:
Those are awesome pics 8) . Ink is really look very nice :D :D :D :D :D I hope Ink doesnt get out and come after you LOL
If ya gotta go....

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
yep, great pics and i too am glad to see that Ink is doing so well!!!!!

:)

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Ink is a kewl little octopus.
Can you just leave snails and crabs hangin' out in the tank for the octopus to catch on it's own without feeding him yourself?
That would be neat and it would keep the octopus learning it's skills.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!

Armstrong - I do put the local shrimp, snails and hermit crabs in, maybe 5 at a time. Ink is a pig though and alot of the times, he catches as much as he can hold as I'm putting them in the tank!!! There is one little blue leg hermit crab he has let live. The local shrimp and killiefish are hard for him to catch, so he spends alot of time after he's caught the easy ones, plotting attacks :mrgreen: . Really funny to watch!

Carol