183.5 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_288456.jpg
    conv_288456.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 62
  • conv_288457.jpg
    conv_288457.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 66
Hello Euprymna,

Wonderful photos. Thanks so much for introducing us to this unique museum.

:notworth:

Cheers,
Clem

ps: So, they've got a preserved Mesonychoteuthis tentacle club sitting in an open bowl? The spectacular models are protected by a blue plastic tarp? We at TONMO should take up a collection to send the museum a charitable donation. They deserve it.

Clem said:
ps: So, they've got a preserved Mesonychoteuthis tentacle club sitting in an open bowl? The spectacular models are protected by a blue plastic tarp? We at TONMO should take up a collection to send the museum a charitable donation. They deserve it.

Yes, the museum is entirely self-financed. The sperm whale part is located inside (in a extension of the house built for that purpose) but the cephalopod part is on the terrasse covered with this blue plastic tarp.
Actually, I wonder how it is over there right now considering the amount of rain that fell down today and the strong wind.
Since the museum is strictly open in summer, I guess valuable things such as the Mesonychoteuthis club and other ceph jewels may be protected inside.
However, beaks and hooks of Mesonycho on display are more protected!

Attachments

• conv_288461.jpg
    conv_288461.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 104
Euprymna said:
Actually, I wonder how it is over there right now considering the amount of rain that fell down today and the strong wind.
:goofysca:

I like the Gothic typeface used to label the pointy Mesonychoteuthis parts.

Euprymna, I see that Squidblog has given you a friendly shout-out.

Cheers,
Clem

No,not quite. For example, I don't think we have a blog item devoed to Squidhead from "Return of the Jedi." Squidblog frequently references (and thanks) TONMO, so they can't be accused of siphoning readers away from us. Besides, this really saucy troll once hit on me over there...

Cheers,
Clem

Thanks for the squidblog complements dudes.

I probably should have posted here first asking permission to add this stuff to squidblog, especially the photo. :roll:

I do tend to look at the TONMO forums a lot, and even when I find some squid news elsewhere (usually through automated news searches, though also through the random wanderings of myself and a few choice friends), inevitably there is a TONMO discussion on the issue. These forums are just too good!

Squidblog frequently references (and thanks) TONMO, so they can't be accused of siphoning readers away from us. Besides, this really saucy troll once hit on me over there...​

If anything, my intention is to bring more readers to TONMO. I certainly don't intend to compete - that would be futile. In any case IMHO the more squid stuff on the web, the better! Not sure about the troll though. I'm trying to attract them, but they seem to be lurking silently. Maybe I should post something more juicy for them to feed on, maybe on religion and evolution, or "intelligent design"? That is sure to get them in a frenzy!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back