24 Hour Web Cam Features Octopus on Oregon Coast - Beach Connection

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Long arms of Newport octopus stretch around the world via 'OctoCam' - OregonLive.com

[SIZE=-2]OregonLive.com[/SIZE]

Long arms of Newport octopus stretch around the world via 'OctoCam'
[SIZE=-1]OregonLive.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]View full sizeBill HanshumakerDeriq the octopus is currently on display all over the world via the OctoCam at the Hatfield ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Watch a giant octopus live his slimy life in real time[SIZE=-1]io9[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 3 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

I was just watching and it seems like the octopus loves to play with the camera. I love seeing how different octopuses react with cameras. All of mine seem to know when they are being filmed. It has to be either the polarized lens, as d suspects, the focus beam, which is a laser if I'm not mistaken, or it could be some electronic interference of sorts that is put out by the camera. I don't know but it would be fun experiment.

the link to the camera is here.

I must look in at the wrong times. At least tonight I could find him and he was moving around a little. I wish the quality was higher though.

Sometimes watching the people is just as much fun as watching the octopus, the other day one of the staff was having a very animated talk with a visitor ( I had no sound but his miming was great & hilarious!). Makes me wonder what I look like when I'm getting enthusiastic :shock:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back