octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Long arms of Newport octopus stretch around the world via 'OctoCam' - OregonLive.com

[SIZE=-2]OregonLive.com[/SIZE]

Long arms of Newport octopus stretch around the world via 'OctoCam'
[SIZE=-1]OregonLive.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]View full sizeBill HanshumakerDeriq the octopus is currently on display all over the world via the OctoCam at the Hatfield ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Watch a giant octopus live his slimy life in real time[SIZE=-1]io9[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 3 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I was just watching and it seems like the octopus loves to play with the camera. I love seeing how different octopuses react with cameras. All of mine seem to know when they are being filmed. It has to be either the polarized lens, as d suspects, the focus beam, which is a laser if I'm not mistaken, or it could be some electronic interference of sorts that is put out by the camera. I don't know but it would be fun experiment.

the link to the camera is here.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I must look in at the wrong times. At least tonight I could find him and he was moving around a little. I wish the quality was higher though.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Sometimes watching the people is just as much fun as watching the octopus, the other day one of the staff was having a very animated talk with a visitor ( I had no sound but his miming was great & hilarious!). Makes me wonder what I look like when I'm getting enthusiastic :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquariumDepot

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards