2009 Cephalopod International Advisory Council abstracts

Discussion in 'Physiology and Biology' started by ceph, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ceph

ceph Wonderpus Staff Member Moderator

The 2009 Cephalopod International Advisory Council (CIAC) meeting is going on right now in Spain. For those of us not able to attend but very interested in current cephalopod research, the meeting’s abstracts are a great resource. A copy is online on The Cephalopod Page at: http://www.thecephalopodpage.org/CIAC2009.php and also on the meeting page at: http://www.atlanticocongresos.com/ciac2009/

Also, I've recieved a lot of questions recently from students interested in cephalopod grad school work. These abstracts are a great resource. They show current research, who is doing it, and where they are based.

Enjoy,

James

2. Architeuthoceras

Architeuthoceras Architeuthis Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for posting that link James. Some very nice abstracts, even a few on fossils :smile:
    A few familiar names there also, even a couple of TONMO Staff members. :sly:

3. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

That explains the recent archival review with postings of interesting radula :grin:

I wonder if there is any chance of streaming the presentations. It would seem that this is the ideal kind of seminar to stream where the interested audience is heavily scattered.

4. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

So looking through the abstracts quickly (and there are a lot of them) I noticed Steve and Kat giving a joint presentation, and Jean's name on a poster presentation. Any other Tonmo members anyone has spotted?

Nancy

5. DWhatley

:oops: Missed Jean :oops:

I hope one of them brings back info on the pelagic paper if there are any new clues that would help us succeed. I am working on getting Martin Moe's latest success info with the urchins but he has not yet published his method.

6. Steve O'Shea

Steve O'Shea Colossal Squid Supporter

Steve is currently in his office breaking under immense strain, having far-too much else to do! Kat is enjoying herself in Spain, probably talking (or about to) and strutting her stuff as I type. She does travel a bit, doesn't she!

Mind you, I'd rather be in Vanuatu! Or a dark room without lights and any form of external stimulus!

7. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

Sadly I'm not in Spain, also in my office and around about......organising a prac exam for our 2nd years for this afternoon.

Fiona is though (& the poster is really hers)so I'm waiting in great anticipation for her reports!

J

8. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Wow that was some very interesting reading, problem is now I want more and wish I were there!!

9. DWhatley