2 Nautilus for sale in DC Metro Area

So, I'm gonna post the Humbolt videos on my web site and hopfully NO-ONE tells NG. :roll: I know who you are. Oh and if you say that the nautilus eats lobster shells, do they have a really sharp beack or something?

I'm just curious, how do nautilus catch their food, on the site it says the nautilus will eat from your hand, I'm trying to picture o what that would be like.

Feeding Nautilus

I feed mine by hand. 'He' usually is hanging onto the side of the tank. All I need to do is touch the food to the water. He must smell it, because with that he turns and swims towards the food. He will wrap his tentacles around it and take it to his mouth. With that, he starts rocking his whole bottom until the food is gone. His tentacles are very sticky, when I first feed him, his tentacles would sometimes stick a little to my finger. Now, that hardy ever happens, he must be able to control the sticky-ness.

Fascinating! Thank you for sharing your experiences rikil. I can't say this doesn't make me interested in keeping the guys at some point :smile:

How long do nautilus live for? Has yours grown rapidly while under your care?

Robert

that would only happen if its really old, your an idiot and put it in fresh water, you think its a land animal and leave it in like a ferret cage, the tank is smaller than it, you put a bigger thing in with it, you have copper in your tank, or you better check your tanks conditions

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back