150 Gallon Cuttle Farm Army tank build!

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Paradox;97137 said:
Yup, its nice to even have something holding water! With no cephs, I still find myself staring into the tank.

Once its all stable, Ill be able to baby sit your cuttles if the need ever arises again.
When is it going to be stable? :biggrin2: I may need you to baby sit my cuttles while I revamp my entire system.

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Thales;97144 said:
When is it going to be stable? :biggrin2: I may need you to baby sit my cuttles while I revamp my entire system.

Not sure yet. I dont have all the correct test kits at the moment, But I used almost all live sand and live rock. The bio bale was in my old system for about 1 month before being transfered. The tank has been going for 2 weeks now.

Without accurate test kits right now, I dont know if Im still expecting a mini cycle or if Ill have one at all. When are you planning on revamping and how long would that take you?

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
cuttlegirl;97142 said:
Your stand and hood are beautiful! Maybe you should start custom designing stands... It would fit so nicely with my 150-year-old house :biggrin2:.
Thanks! Sounds like a lot of work though. I cant wait until Im done with the tank for Ive been spending too much time slaving away and not enjoying. Plus if you see the stand and hood up close, you will notice a lot of imperfections. If I had a real woodshop it would be much nicer.

Now to vacuum all the saw dust out of my bathroom before the girlfriend comes home...

Brock Fluharty

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Do you know how many Sepia bandensis that tank could hold???? You're going to the dark side buddy...;)

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Brock Fluharty;97185 said:
Do you know how many Sepia bandensis that tank could hold???? You're going to the dark side buddy...;)

If Im unsuccessful in my Officinalis quest, Ill have the answer to your question.. =)

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Daniel,

Let me know when you are ready for animals, and I'll see if I can find you the cuttle you desire. :biggrin2:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Paradox;97196 said:
If Im unsuccessful in my Officinalis quest, Ill have the answer to your question.. =)
I was really impressed by the Pharonis they had at MOTE, too... they looked and behaved quite a bit like Officinalis but were a bit more cryptic when resting... Of course, I haven't heard of any suppliers except the NRCC, who can't sell to private ceph-keepers, so they're probably even harder to get the Officinalis

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Thales - Just checked water parameters again (but with crappy test kits) All still seem to be in perfect parameters. How many cuttles and at what age are yours? Ill need to know what kind of bio load to expect and to setup a food tank.

Monty - Ive not had the opportunity to see Pharonis in person. The rare amounts of times Ive seen Cuttles in public aquaria, they have always been Officinalis. Wish I coulda been there to see them!

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Daniel,

I have 8 3 month olds right now. I will prolly be able to take care of them myself for the rebuild, but I'll let you know.

:biggrin2:

Paradox

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Thales - Just let me know if you need anything. Im going to plumb in a small live food tank soon, and throw some grass shrimp in there and watch my parameters. If nothing changes, Im going to assume Im good to go.

Been finishing up the hood today. Here is a current picture. I made it so it is actually 2 pieces that can slide apart if I really need to get my hands in there.