101 Uses for Ammonites

No 58: Hat Pin for the Stylishly Challenged

badhat.jpg

Never realized my Great White poster was that creased.... :cry:

No. 60: Greek mythology, part II

download.php

I'm telling you! It's a conspiracy! "they" are really after each and everyone of us!! Gimme tin foil to stop the mind reading rays from outer space!!!
*foams at the mouth*

TPOTH

No. 61: Something for me to free from it's limestone sarcophagus

Jurassic_dust_a_gogo.jpg

with my brand new, dusttastic, soon to arrive, pneumatic, preparamic, redundancy celebratory, rags to riches, ooh that itches, airpen & compressor. (table, chair & specimen not incl.)
:thumbsup:

No.62 No-budget British 70's Sci-Fi Villains

Attachments

• conv_287697.jpg
    conv_287697.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 81
No.63 "I triple guarantee you, there are no Ammonites in Baghdad."

Attachments

• conv_287698.jpg
    conv_287698.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 77
Colin, interesting !
I've always preferred brushes in the 1st filter stage for silt/sediment separation but are not the 1st chambers of ammonites generally filled with the same ?
REVOLUTIONARY ! :notworth:

No.66: Guido Fawkes' commemorative pyrotechnics

Whilst on the subject of revolutions, I thought it appropriate to insert no.66,
whilst also saving Tony (our gracious & benevolent leader :notworth: ) a few cents off his web hosting bill.

Revolution.jpg

Pack enough solid propellent & iron filings into a Cleoniceras Besairei, drill out the centre with your Dremel (mine's a Draper as I'm of low caste). Nail to a suitable post nearby, light the blue touch paper & celebrate the barbaric death of Guido Fawkes & his chums who dared to attempt what most Brits are thinking !!

Guido_pre-rack.gif

Here we see the diminutive Guido being presented to King James I prior to his extensive interrogation on the rack whereby he achieved a reasonably normal stature.
This lead to the 1st reported use of the phrase "growing pains" also known in the 17th century as "Fawkes' ache" which was also used as a toast by those who supported the cause after poor Guido's demise.

Apparently, the Wright brothers assisted in the gunpowder plot but I'm afraid that suggestion is quite preposterous !

main reason for using the ammonites is actually to keep the calcium levels at a high level and dirt is removed by the sponge on the drip tray... I filter all my tanks this way :lol:

No.67 "Universally recognised emblem of cephalopod road safety"

download.php

Colin, there was a glitch in the matrix !
your sign is 67 though it ruins any Route 66 reference.

Dirt from my early pond filters was removed by using a mop & bucket on the floor as I had a few design flaws. Carbon canisters work well for adsorbing (not ab) impurities & (don't tell phil) make red diesel not red !! thereby saving owners of diesel vehicles plenty dollar :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back