• IMG_20180201_144122.jpg
    IMG_20180201_144122.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20180201_144122.jpg
    IMG_20180201_144122.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
真蛸(normal octopus),
长蛸 (variabilis),
I kept the second one for over 6 month(and it seems like he would always crash my tank and get hurts on his skin,which caused the death finally),but the first one for only few days.
They are both brought from local market.
have you met the same kind of octopus too?

:welcome: to TONMO and thanks for joining!

Looks like we've had a few O. variabilis keepers -- you'll see several threads on this if you try our Search feature. Are you keeping any octopuses currently?

:welcome: to TONMO and thanks for joining!

Looks like we've had a few O. variabilis keepers -- you'll see several threads on this if you try our Search feature. Are you keeping any octopuses currently?
My last octopus died in Feb(naturally death),and Im waiting for a vulgaris now.
and ...yes,I still have trouble in preventing a variabilis from hurt itself,I will search more.
thank you.

Hi, and welcome to the site!

Nice photos you just posted. It will be interesting when you get your vulgaris.

How big is your tank?

Nancy

Do you have hiding places for your octopus? If you can see him when he hides, he needs a better place. Good hiding places will help with the jetting. What size is your tank?

Oh, I see you posted the tank size while I typed. Yes 60 cm long is too small for vulgaris. The tank should be at least 4x longer than the animal.

Do you have hiding places for your octopus? If you can see him when he hides, he needs a better place. Good hiding places will help with the jetting. What size is your tank?
I got a jar for him,but actually he sleep inside few times,maybe a jar is not suit for
variabilis.My tank is 60*60*60

Oh, I see you posted the tank size while I typed. Yes 60 cm long is too small for vulgaris. The tank should be at least 4x longer than the animal.
I got a jar for him,but actually he sleep inside few times,maybe a jar is not suit for
variabilis.My tank is 60*60*60
Unfortunately,I can't afford a larger tank yet,as a student.
Maybe I can free a vulgaris when it grow up.But before that,more problems should be solved to keep a vulgaris alive.They die easily,by the way it's nice to talk with you, please give more suggestions on vulgaris later when I get one.I will be very appreciated.

We look forward to your next attempt. Look for opaque (where you cannot see into the container) items where he can hide. They hide in small rock caves in the wild.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back