• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WC rock crab, grass shrimp, and others

OoNickoC

Blue Ring
Registered
I was browsing fws.gov and noticed that info on the site directly contradicted the words I have heard from a government worker. They said that there have been recent revisions on collecting certain rock and hermit crab, as well as some non native shrimp dwelling in non native caulerpa. Im not sure how recent but I cannot find info, I have emailed our representetive for the western panel but havent heard back yet. Anyone have links of info on the current regs/laws applying to collecting rock crab, hermits, and the other inverts along the CA coast?

OoNickoC;124582 said:
Thank you! That is awesome, Duxbury reef is one of my favorites places to go.

You do know that these are the species that are allowed to be collected from Duxbury reef, correct? The table is a little confusing.

Red abalone, Dungeness crab and rock crabs; Rockfish (family Scorpaenidae), lingcod, cabezon, surfperch (family Embiotocidae), halibut, flounder, sole, turbot, salmon, kelp greenling, striped bass, steelhead, monkeyface-eel, wolf-eel, smelt and silversides

cuttlegirl;124583 said:
You do know that these are the species that are allowed to be collected from Duxbury reef, correct? The table is a little confusing.

Yes, I realized that, they throw the " prohibited from collection execpt" thing in....then also have an allowed to collect column. Im going to Bolinas in a week or so. I want to see how long I can keep some of the crabs and shrimp alive. $80 a month on food, it may be worth it to go there once a month, as well as having some fun at the beach.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back