Rorschach-O.Vulgaris

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Ok so I jumped the gun a little, But I can't wait.

Later today I will be meeting Tom, of www.Divertom.com (Tom's Caribbean), in some dark Miami parking for a cash/octopus deal. He usually meets with me between 5pm - 8pm....

are we there yet....are we there yet....are we there yet... :madsci:

Dripping...it's a nice little one, he said he picked it special for me, but he prob. says that to everyone. lol

SAM_0013.jpg

SAM_0012.jpg

Ok so it's in the tank. It left the bag with no prob and moved right to the rock. It then explored around and immediately ate one of Pen's uneaten shrimps.

I have not seen the tell tale shimmer yet but judging from arm/mantle ratio it looks pretty briareus to me.

Well, Tom never said that to me :sad:
you must be special!
Looks good, I will be keeping my :fingerscrossed: Any estimate on "noname's" size?
I just ordered one, expecting it tomorrow. I can't wait, I have been octopus-less too long and the fixes here are no longer enough. OMG, I've turned into a junkie :roll:

Wow, great news, it's small, eating and hiding, yep, your one of Tom's favorites. Congratulations, I am very happy for you. Noname is beautiful, you got a real nice one. Next time I order one from him, would you put in a good word for me? :sly:

This is probably just wishful thinking but are you sure about the arm length? The eyes (and that may be a photo angle) look deeper set than O.briareus and he looks much chunkier. Compare him to el Diablo's first pictures and see what you think. I will be insanely jealous if my hunch holds any water.

dwhatley;169646 said:
The eyes (and that may be a photo angle) look deeper set than O.briareus and he looks much chunkier. Compare him to el Diablo's first pictures and see what you think. I will be insanely jealous if my hunch holds any water.

The second I saw him/her I thought of El Diablo. I spent many hours combing over that book looking at vulgaris photos because of that octopus :biggrin2: and I am willing to bet money thats what you have there. While I am no expert by any means I have seen the shimmer blue coloring and while coloring isnt the best indicator no other species has it that I have seen. The texture of the skin also makes me thing vulgaris because while I have seen only my one O.briareus up close I have seen pictures of others and most O.briareus just dont seem to have that rich textured look.

I could be wrong and will wait for more pics:wink:. Maybe this one is like Penn, minus the personality :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back