Davey Jones my second O. Hummelicki

Deathrott

Cuttlefish
Registered
So 5 days ago i got my second octo from saltwater.com since the first one only lived 7 days and to my surprise this octo is acting way different then the last one i had named thor. Davey is all ove the place and is out all the time. He has eaten 2 crabs a day and i didnt feed him last night because he didnt seem to be as active towards the crabs the night before. So i go to look in on him today and he ate all 3 of my turbo snails. So now his clean up crew is dead haha. But anyways he has so much attitude and already made his den in the corner of the tank. He has also collected all the shells of the hermit crabs and snails he has slaughtered in his den. What is cool is that you can see him in his den since its in the corner of the glass. He also has already learned when its feeding time and know when he sees me i can coax him out of his den, i think i finally got a winner from saltwater.com. Im very happy with our new addition :biggrin2:. Also his color change is crazy i can tell what he is doing and what kind of mood he is in already. If he is hunting he will be green and white stripes then he goes all green when hes being superman and flys onto the crap then when he pulls him into his den he goes all white just like the color of the sand. But sometimes when he grabs his crab he will walk around the tank while eating it, its hillarious.

You have seen Davey's eye spots right? I just ask because Davey is showing green coloring while hunting. I have seen this color on Maya during acclimation but not on any of mine in the tank so it is a new twist on hummelincki hunting coloration.

Yep he has his blue/deep purple circle under his eye on both sides being this my second one im pretty confident in telling this species. Also my first one was sick just like you got 7 days ago with saltwater.com its a hit or miss just make sure u give the octo a good 3hours of good pure drip process that helped alot more this time. So hes mad at me right now cause i just cleaned his tank with syphon moved a few rocks around but i refixed his den and he didnt like that so i left to take the garbage out and he was gone out of his den so i couldnt find him then bam he was right in front of me hiding in the rocks big as could be so i threw him another crab now hes happy. And yes not only does he turn green but different shades he turns dark and a light green sometimes with white stripes and a deep brown and purple and also of course white as my sand. I will get some pics up of him soon my camera broke and i gotta buy a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back