• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I dont want to sound dumb

SpimerYT

Cuttlefish
Registered
This is just a "nostupidquestions" I repeat (won't do regardless of answers) but if some octopus live in the reefs. (My personal favorite *Day octopus* (If you read my posts) and they are around corals and anemones and get stung and all that, why aren't anemones safe? They are mostly wild caught besides so once in a lifetime thing. So why can't they be exposed to the stuff they saw in the wild? Edit: shouldn't they have the instinct to not mess with something? Also we need more recognition of the day octopus :biggrin2:.

Hi @SpimerYT -- I think it depends on the type of anemone -- some may be problematic. And, in a tank environment, there's not a lot of room to ignore, and it's not hard to imagine that an octopus' natural instincts can easily be compromised in a tank.

Lots of discussions in our forums on such tankmates; here's a good one:

As @Tintenfisch would say, with fronds like that, who needs anemones? :tomato:

Hi @SpimerYT -- I think it depends on the type of anemone -- some may be problematic. And, in a tank environment, there's not a lot of room to ignore, and it's not hard to imagine that an octopus' natural instincts can easily be compromised in a tank.

Lots of discussions in our forums on such tankmates; here's a good one:

As @Tintenfisch would say, with fronds like that, who needs anemones? :tomato:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back