Hi from a new squid enthusiast

Chtenopteryx

Hatchling
Registered
Hi, I'm new to this website, although I have seen multiple interesting posts before while searching for information about squid. I am very passionate about becoming a Teuthologist in the future (especially studying Chtenopteryx Sicula if you couldn't guess from my username and profile picture). I spend a lot of time researching when I can, and I'd recommend some books such as Monarchs of the Sea, Squids, Octopus and Cuttlefish: a visual scientific guide, and Cephalopods of the World (although outdated). The main reason I joined this site is to become more integrated in the cephalopod community- but I also want to share an excel spreadsheet I have developed, giving some information into every species of squid known to science (will likely contain a bunch of errors). I hope someone can find this spreadsheet useful (I had to attach it in a zip folder because of the attachment limits). Happy to be here and looking forward to what I can learn!
:cuttlehi:

Attachments

• Squid taxonomy spreadsheet.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 18
wow, fantastic! Thank you for providing this resource @Chtenopteryx, and thanks for joining TONMO! Perhaps as a project I can work to make this spreadsheet a collaborative, interactive tool on our site... another for the to-do list!
:dig:

Looking forward to your contributions here. :welcome:

Hi, I'm new to this website, although I have seen multiple interesting posts before while searching for information about squid. I am very passionate about becoming a Teuthologist in the future (especially studying Chtenopteryx Sicula if you couldn't guess from my username and profile picture). I spend a lot of time researching when I can, and I'd recommend some books such as Monarchs of the Sea, Squids, Octopus and Cuttlefish: a visual scientific guide, and Cephalopods of the World (although outdated). The main reason I joined this site is to become more integrated in the cephalopod community- but I also want to share an excel spreadsheet I have developed, giving some information into every species of squid known to science (will likely contain a bunch of errors). I hope someone can find this spreadsheet useful (I had to attach it in a zip folder because of the attachment limits). Happy to be here and looking forward to what I can learn!
:cuttlehi:
If you like Chtenopteryx you should talk to @cefafalopodo on Twitter! He just did a paper in December of last year detecting cryptic diversity withi Chtenopteryx!

Would glad to assist in anyway I can, I start my PhD doing Brachioteuthidae taxonomy very soon :smile:

Also love the resource it is very well done!

Last edited:
If you like Chtenopteryx you should talk to @cefafalopodo on Twitter! He just did a paper in December of last year detecting cryptic diversity withi Chtenopteryx!

Would glad to assist in anyway I can, I start my PhD doing Brachioteuthidae taxonomy very soon :smile:

Also love the resource it is very well done!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy your PhD, it sounds amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back