• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

sepia bandensis eggs

dude4682

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have two dwarf cuttlefish eggs that I got recently. I don't know how old they are. but one of them is deflating. is this bad? I read online that cuttlefish eggs will deflate when they will hatch soon, but it has been about 4 days since it has started to deflate. the little embryo inside is still moving so I know that the little guy is alive. both eggs are really transparent. my other egg seems fine, and my aquarium has reef safe temperatures. this is my first time owning any cephalopod, and am gaining experience fast. thanks for the help.

Have you tested the rest of the levels? Out of my two clutches none of the deflated eggs hatched. If you can see the cuttle moving around and the eggs are clear they will hatch soon. Can you see any yolk left in front of the cuttles' mouths?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back