[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

Diablo discovered my mag float. I think I need to get some toys. :roll:
He has pulled it off the glass several times, I finally took the outer magnet off. This is an active one

DSCN0363.jpg

He grabbed my hand when I fed him tonight. I thought he could have literally pulled me in :lol: but seriously he is so strong that it shocked me. He had one arm on my hand and the other on the gigantic rock structure in the tank and he moved the rockwork. In time I am sure his touch will get gentler.

SueNami played with a plastic floating icecube we used to resolve problem with a fixed feeding stick (He REALLY disrupted the LR with the fixed stick). Unfortunately, the video links are no longer available on the thread but there are photos on his thread and I reposted one on YouTube.

If you are looking for a toy idea, Carol has had success with several of hers play with and riding the LARGE leggo blocks .

I found Ollie's ping-pong ball floating feeding thing that Ollie wanted nothing to do with. I thought I'd give it a shot. I put a shrimp on the end of the zip tie that is attached to the ping pong ball. As I was putting it in the tank I got a shock. Diablo was partially out of the tank, really wanted that ping-pong ball. I almost dropped the camera and in the very begining you will hear some splashing :shock: as I try to get my hand back. video uploading now, it's going to be a while, kind of long.

I see you figured out my feeding stick attached to the plastic cube arrangement (it too is a zip tie). It is interesting how aggressive this one is to floating objects. Cooking the popcorn now :popcorn:

You might try putting a ping pong ball in without the tie just to see what happens. I am not sure if we should leave toys in the tank or remove them. Carol left the mega block in all the time I think but only a few played with it. Those that did, however, created interesting things to do with them. Her last one learned that its weight would sink it and he would ride it to the bottom. SueNami would use the acrylic "ice cube" like a "floating chair" by elevating part of his body and just "sitting" there.

It never occured to me to leave it in. I removed it. I got a little worried about playing with the magfloat. It has a pretty strong magnet. He'd pull it off the glass partially then it'd snap back onto the glass smashing his arm, OUCH! I took it off and replaced it with my teeny tiny one that could not possibly cause damage, it's from my 2 1/2 gallon pico. I will only put the big one on when I am going to clean. I must say this has been a very interesting couple days. We had a very rough tug o war this afternoon. When this one wants something, he dosen't mess around, he goes for it with gusto, even my hands. i slightly touched his head today, he flinched but didn't run for the hills. I would like to take it slow but he had his own ideas. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I hope this one is around for a while. :tentacle:

I forgot to mention, he keeps taking the front of my koralia off, you know the front cover. Never messes with it when it's on, goes off at night. Kind of ticking me off. I have to keep reaching in to my armpit to retreve it and replace it all the time. It's like having a very wet 2 year old, into everything. I am keeping my cover screwed on tight.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back