• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

20141010_230036.jpg

20141011_012120.jpg
Back in my evil lair workin on tanks again lol switchen out my old canister filter with a 635gph wet dry pump so I can use the good backteria from twitches tank to help set up new tank

Wow this is the first lol I just fixed a piece of xzenia in my tank and all I can think is I woke twitch up and upset her because she cam after me pretty relentlesly I might add to she wouldnt let me touch it at all

Shiitake and Zilch have been quite active for the last three days. Neal interacted with and was touched by Shiitake for the first time tonight (because she is never out when he is awake or is out when he is leaving for work). She also played with me for awhile so she was interacting for much longer than normal. Full moon? Lunar eclipse? Most likely sexual maturity :biggrin2:.

I'm only guessing because in observed (but not well documented) behaviors that sexual maturity starts at about 5 months old for males and probably later for females. Shiitake has been in the tank for 5.5 months and was probably 2 months old at capture.

Be careful of that piece of Kenya tree.

In my own tank experiences with it in my own tanks and tanks I have seen with my own eyes it does spread like a wildfire. So when it starts to spread and get larger, you have to constantly be cutting it back Like overgrown hedges in the yard. Mine grew so fast in my RSM 65, I had to keep cutting it back and giving it away on craigslist. Half the time I couldn't give it away, and had to destroy it. Make sure not to put any in a sump, or near your filtration. Good god if not watched over constantly that would be come messy.

Well I finally got a chance to get on tonmo and update so here we go my tank has cycled and running great center tank is octo ready equiped with five hermits and five snails but when I got houdini off of queenb last week it didnt turn out so well she didnt make the transition into new tank :frown: was really bumbed for a few days blaming myself so I went test crazy and found nothing wrong but wilst all this I plumbed in a new ro/di unit for the tanks im not sure its up to 50psi yet I gotta find a guage to plumb in but still operational at least

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back