• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Ok so I ordered overflows again only now they require a signature on delivery and I also ordered a security system at the same time plus im buying about 250-300lbs of live sand from a guy today to help speed up my cycle in big tank alittle faster

Live as in was in another healthy reef tank my rock I made is coming to an end of its leeching periode after 2weeks the ph was at about 8.6 pretty high but everything else was at 0 tho my salinity was really low but thats wat I want im using the rocksalt to kinda tell when the rock is done leaching out my ph and salinity should hit 0 around the same time with weakly water changes

20140919_225155.jpg

O. briareus do seem to have a point where their arms lengthen very quickly but not so much the mantle (at least in captivity, I suspect they may be susceptible to a degree of dwarfism when tank raised from very young but this is only conjecture). We have various reports of truncated arm rates that vary widely in how fast the shortened arm recovers and it may well be that the fast rates are observed during this growth stage.

Ive just learned from trial and error since I was a kid ive always been fascinated with saltwater fish I do alot of research on like reef central and plases like that but you can find just about anything on this site and if not just ask theres never a dumb question lol

Even if you read everything out there you have to set up a system that works the way you want and then fine tune it to fit ur needs every system is alittle bitdifferent lol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back