• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Be wary of fin addict. I ordered on the 19th..was set to ship on Monday the 25th...due to some errors package was then set to be shipped today but doesn't seem likely. Reviews state they often sell something and then after shipping note it wasn't in stock.

Waiting to see what happens and will post any update here.

KP Aquatics (formerly SealifeInc) has two Octopus mercatoris available. They are selling for $45 + actual shipping. These will not be on the website but you can contact them through the website's contact us page to ask questions or obtain shipping (send you zip code in your note).
kpMerc2_2015.jpg kpMerc1_2015.jpg

KP Aquatics is experimenting with an "Octopus "Waiting List" on their website. Like most small collectors, they often run across octopuses when they collect other animals but don't want to capture them if there is no immediate market since they don't have longer term holding facilities. Additionally, octos need a greater volume of water for safe shipping so they are separating them into their own category with actual vs flat rate shipping pricing.

Octopus Mercatoris available. Nice to see these guys showing up again. KP Aquatics has 9 mercs that were shrimper bycatch Because of extra shipping costs with octos, they rarely list them but you can email them through their site if you are interested.

KPMercs_02.jpg KPMercs_01.jpg KPMercs_03.jpg KPMercs_04.jpg

Last edited:
Octopus Cyanea - Kanaola Octopus Farm

Their intent is to raise animals from egg for both public and private aquariums. Currently they are only selling wild caught animals they won't be using for propagation to help raise money for their breeding efforts. O. cyanea is really too large for most home systems (PZ Meyers suggests at least 300 gallons would be required). However, I have often thought it would be an ideal animal for public aquariums and @corw314 noted that our Atlanta Aquarium is displaying one (I have to wonder if an accidental, informal conversation I had with one of the keepers a couple of years ago had any influence on this consideration)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back