• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Need help with a few things

Wafflez777

Blue Ring
Registered
Hey guys! Haven't been on for a while ever since my first octopus was a failure. Since then I've forgot allot of things and need some touching up. Also I got my last octopus from my local fish store, but seeing that it took more than a year of searching to get, I'm thinking about ordering it online this time. Is this a good idea? If so can you guys give me some like for some good sites? (Btw I'm still searching for the Caribbean two spot, o. Hummalinki I believe it was called)

On to the questions, I kinda forgot how often I should feed the octopus. Also it would be nice if any of you got some tips on what I should do differently this time. I'm pretty sure the cause of death past time was me being an idiot and very poorly acclimating it.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum or somthing, haven't been on here for a while like I've said. Thanks ahead of time.

Do you have your tank set up? What size is the tank, what kind of filtration? Glad you are willing to find out what your mistakes were.

I have a 40 gal tank (I'm not going to upsize it, sorry), canister filter, a heater, and a 65 gal protien skimmer. Also should I do anything with the tank since I'm about to change from crushe coral to sand and would be a good time to add more.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back