TONMOcon VI

It is hard not to think about TONMOcon VI with all the cool stuff at the Tentacles exhibit. I just don't know if I can find a way to afford another West Coast sojourn but don't want to miss it either. We initially said TONMOcon VII for Monterey but the official ending day it the year before (it could be extended if it continues to draw well). Sarasota was so much less expensive for @tonmo that it still may be the target next year and is drivable for me. I think you and Squidette drove to Tcon IV as well (albeit a much greater distance).

You must be reading my mind @anothersquid -- I was just thinking this last night. It takes PLANNING to do it right... it needs to be fun, educational, social, enlightening... afforadable... and well-attended. Otherwise we didn't do it right. If I don't start making a push by Labor Day, ping me! I don't take any TONMOCON for granted and there is always the fear of cancellation, though we haven't missed one yet. More to come!

What could bring this over-worked volunteer/teacher/mom back from her wayward adventures to check in to Tonmo? The promise of next year's Tonmocon, of course! It's a month past Labor Day, so I figured I'd better get off my a** and ping somebody! I know we are supposed to be back on the East coast for this one, HOWEVER, the promise of the Tentacles exhibit at MBARI would mean my whole family would come.

Here's the thing, my husband works for a local engineering company that does nothing but Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer (yeah, he comes in handy with this hobby sometimes...). There is only one employee out of state- he's in CA and does nothing but work on MBARI's sub!!! At the last Christmas party he was telling us about the "crazy contraptions" they design to catch "all those crazy things" they study.

Yes, CA is more expensive! BUT, if it's the only chance to see the Tentacles exhibit, and we could possibly get Jim to tell us about the sub (if that's of interest to anyone...) it might be worth saving our pennies now!

Love it!! I must confer with @DWhatley :smile:... D, the other day I was decluttering an old bin and found the ticket roll! :heee:

I think, more important than anything is getting a room which will support our Saturday talks... Maybe we could use the same hotel we used for TCON III... I can't remember what it was... but they had a presentation room which they offered at no cost.

Also need to pick a date...

You're right @sedna... time to start the planning. :boat:

:roflmao:I already have the badge cards (remember those cool tarot cards you found? I bought them for this purpose.) and a set of inexpensive cards that should match up for the drawings (there are more cards so a double deck won't be a problem this year - hopefully it will go more smoothly - but we can use the raffle tickets IF you bring them :roll:). I also have lanyards but will need to get sleeves.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back