• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Thats a pretty cool video the only thing I would worry about is to kinda test it out in a water bath to see if anything leaches out I dont think it would but theres always the chance lol still thats cool video

Ok got the 90 but seller backed out I guess on 100 gallon after I drove 2.5hrs to his house at 6am like requested and he ignored my calls and texts I don't think we will b buddy's for lack of better words I'd like to call him lol but I'll find another on other news I got some more rock made and I'm drilling my tanks next week for 3/4 returns and 1 1/2 drains I'm gunna go with 900gph return pumps for each tank I'm not sure if it will b too much or not enough flow if anyone knows please share lol

Sorry guys been a while work has got in the way of my obsession lol but I have all three of the octo tanks about ready gotta drill for overflows still looking for my 100 gallon long tank for sump build but I have been able to make some rock and figured out my mixture for the blocks

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok so two more 100+ gallon tanks gone :troll: But talkin to another guy but the tank is set up beautifully for a 125 reef I'd hate to silicone it all up

Ok picking it up Friday he's getting it ready to load up oh my gosh finally Plus does anyone know if I can run a reef flow 3200gph external pump with octos I'm worried because it probably has stainless steel impellers

Ok thanks I just know some stainless things are not really stainless but metal with chrome coating and to make chrome takes copper its a reflow pumpnew for 200 can b used as a dart and something else I cant remember ive never used a pump of this caliber lol

Copper always sets off alarms and it would be useful to be sure it is not used in the impeller. I looked up "chrome" to see what metals are in the plating and found this:
Chrome is slang for Chromium, one of the 92 naturally occurring chemical elements. Chrome is a metal, but it is not useful as a solid, pure substance. Things are never made of solid chrome. Rather, when you hear that something is chrome, what is really meant is that there is a thin layer of chrome, a plating of chrome, on the object (the bulk of the object usually being steel, but sometimes aluminum, brass, copper, plastic, or stainless steel).

You might want to write the manufacturer to be sure there is no brass (contains copper) or copper in the blade. If they confirm the use of copper, see if there is an alternative impeller. I would recommend against it otherwise. It would seem odd for an impeller to be chrome though as it is used mostly for aesthetics.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back