Ideas for undergraduate research project in Oahu, Hawaii

Shipposhack, you are not the first to import cuttlefish to Hawaii, unless you meant Sepia mestus. I imported Sepia officinalis for my research project with the University of Hawaii and the Waikiki Aquarium has imported different cephalopods for years...

Interesting Cuttlegirl, I was told only one other person has tried to import Sepia sp. to Hawaii and that the request was canceled. Ill have to look more into that. If you wouldn't mind, could you post or message me about what you had to do to get officinalis here? I would greatly appreciate it.

Shippo,
No problem with the late reply, I know how it can go sometimes. Just let me know if you want to talk about potential projects more, I would be happy to help however I am able. And you are right, those papers are pretty basic, which means there is still a lot of work to be done in the area!

What about doing some rearing trials? If you do a quick google scholar search you'll see that a lot of the focus has been on larval rearing, both for insight on their life history, and for investigating commercial viability.

If you do go this route, I can help you out. I work at Anuenue Fisheries Research Center down at Sand Island. A bit far away but we have plenty of open tanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back