South Australia Cuttlefish colony missing - NEWS.com.au

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
This is terrible news! Wasn't there some concern a while ago about a desalination plant that was setting up nearby (edit: here we go)? No mention of it in the article. Maybe we should have gone there instead of the Great Barrier Reef -- may have missed our chance. I sincerely hope that they are just very, very late. :sad:

Kat, I don't think they have started on the desalination plant yet (just from reading the news articles that have come through here). It was my impression that it was going to be approved now but had not been started.

I wonder how far fetched it would be to suspect intentional overfishing/removal since no one is responsible for monitoring? Conspiracy theories could be rumored either way on this as
a) The desalination people removing the object of objection before the plant is built and therefore would not be blamed for a decline and would not have to add the expense of the deeper water exhaust that was mentioned in the latest news blip
b) Conservation radicals trying to show what would happen to the tourist economy if the cuttles are not protected.

I am not one to usually suggest conspiracy but the answer feels better than another instance of climate change effects.

"b) Conservation radicals trying to show what would happen to the tourist economy if the cuttles are not protected."

The only people who'd care about the disappearance of cuttle fish besides the people already aware of their disappearance would be tourist, everyone else is scratching their heads wondering whats going on

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back