O. Abdopus (Barada)

So I got my new octopus today from liveaquaria (RIP Nikto). He had inked in his bag so I didn't have time to acclimate him, he was looking pretty bad. After entering the aquarium he livened up though and moved around for a few minutes checking everything out. He then found his predecessor's favorite hiding spot under a rock and hasn't come back out since, hopefully he's okay.

Attachments

• conv_304367.jpg
    conv_304367.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 121
Well on the plus side Live aquaria is a great company and has a 14 day arrive alive stay alive promise. It just sucks that this poor little guy is having such a hard time.

I have to wonder... Whats going on with all of the poor shipping these days? People are getting their octos from some of the BEST sources we have and there have been a lot of problems the last few weeks. Its just so weird. Live Aquaria is one of the very best companies out there as far as shipping goes for sure.

I know right? Hopefully technology will evolve to the point of being able to throw a cheap detector in each box and we can pay extra so that it only gets jostled "oh so much".

Thanks for the note about the golf ball- I had it in another tank upstairs for about 6 months so I assume that if it was coated in zinc it would most likely be gone by now, but I will definitely do some research into it immediately.

After you at least temporarily remove it :biggrin2:. If you are a golf fan, you might look for a kids replica made of plastic in one of the dollar stores ...

Yeah I took it out those from what I read it probably wouldn't hurt (why take a chance though). I'm definitely not a golf fan, I just had the ball for some reason. Thanks on the good luck wishes- I hope so too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back