• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish/ Seahorses

Generally, no to both.

The conversations about cephs with sea horses generally goes like this:

Member 1: Can you keep cephs with sea horses?

M2: Yes! I do. They get along fine.

M1: For how long.

M2: 2 weeks so far. Its great. They are friends.

M3: That usually doesn't work long term.

M2: They are getting along great!

M3: Please make sure to tell us when the ceph eats the seahorse.

M2 doesn't post publicly again, but privately tells someone the ceph ate the seahorse.

Well logically it makes no sense anyway. Seahorses are like sitting ducks, easy pickings for just about anything. Add that with a cuttlefish that loves to takes it's time and wait to attack an animal when it's stationary and you get disaster. Maybe if you had a large seahorse with a bandensis.... Still, not that good of an idea because neither of them are cheap.

ok, I'm just about to put some erectus into my 40 gallon hex and figured a pair of bandensis in there too would be cool. I was just thinking that the seahorses would definetly not pick on the cuttles and they would also probably be too big for the cuttles to eat. I won't do it though if there's too much of a risk...

Thales;135314 said:
Generally, no to both.

The conversations about cephs with sea horses generally goes like this:

Member 1: Can you keep cephs with sea horses?

M2: Yes! I do. They get along fine.

M1: For how long.

M2: 2 weeks so far. Its great. They are friends.

M3: That usually doesn't work long term.

M2: They are getting along great!

M3: Please make sure to tell us when the ceph eats the seahorse.

M2 doesn't post publicly again, but privately tells someone the ceph ate the seahorse.

True story :indiffer:
I actually don't know just trying to discourage it, hilarious maybe make a comic out of it :sly:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back