Suggestion for the site

How about a picture of the month competition every month. It would be fairly easy to run, I'd even be willing to do it, just start a thread once a month with a certain ceph-related category. People post their cephy pics, then at the end of the month, the person "heading up" the program can just transfer the pics to a poll that people vote on for a month. Winner's pic and plus the top two runner ups then get posted to the front page....

I think that has a lot of merit. Make sure people upload to photobucket or tinypic, send the IMG links to the coordinating person who can post in one go, make sure the source remains anonymous and it could well be fun. :smile:

Soooooooooo...??? Is this a possible go? As I said, I would gladly do this and just e-mail tonmo or monty the winning pics so they can post them on the front page or what ever

lol, basically, if you want to give it a "go". I'll start up a thread with a submission deadline and topic for everyone to use. They will then PM the pics to me. At the end of the submission deadline, I choose the best 6 pics and post them in a poll (this is because polls on tonmo only allow a maximum of 6 options). Everyone then votes on the pic they think is the best (of course this is all done anonymously) and at the end of the month, you post the winner to the front page.

We can repeat this for every month with a different topic...

So basically all you have to do is pin the first thread I make each month, about submission deadline and stuff, and then, when we get to such a point, the poll. I would guess that we would want to use this forum ("our community"). And then, when we have a winner, post the winning pic to the front page. I can PM you links to all the threads and stuff so you wouldn't have to look for anything...

Unless I missed it, we can't pm photos.

You could set up a photobucket site (or other free site if you have a personal favorite) and give all members the access code then start a new album each month. That way they would be easy to review and move the finalists to a separate album or subalbum. The problem that I would see with my brilliant thought is, I am not sure if there is a way to down load the pictures once they are there but you can enlarge them and "save picture as". This would allow videos into the contest as well if Tony can put them on the front page ...
:cephdevil:

Got it. I can do that. (D - I think L8R was suggesting PM'ing the link, not the image itself). BTW, I can enable attachments in PMs... I just have it shut off (figured the disk space would go to waste, unless people delete the files when they're not using them). But I don't think disk space is a concern for me these days.

My suggestion would make it easier for L82R to compare pictures though :sagrin: and I would rather see larger photos and movies that could be downloaded directly if we have room to spare ...

Since Neal let me have my Xmas present early (Canon G9), I have to reduce everything to upload it :cyclops:.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back